Guidance for Residents During COVID-19 Lockdown
Following the Government’s most recent statements about COVID-19, we are writing again to reassure you that we are taking all necessary measures to protect our residents, contractors and the wider community.
We have issued our Contractors* with letters of authority so that they can carry out emergency maintenance and works during this period. If you have any concerns about allowing access to your property for any vital work, please contact your Property Manager**
Whilst we focus on ensuring that all our buildings are safe and that vital services can continue, we thought it helpful to provide some guidance on things that you could consider whilst remaining at home or self-isolating.
1) Make sure your smoke and CO2 detectors are in working order.
2) To reduce the risk of blockages: Do not allow food waste or kitchen grease to enter the drains via the kitchen sink and your dishwasher; Do not put large waste items down the toilet (e.g. sanitary towels, disposable nappies, wet wipes, etc.); Consider regular routine maintenance, such as pouring boiling water down plug holes, running appliances on a hot cycle and using a drain cleaning product.
3) If your fuse box ‘trips’ we advise that in the first instance you attempt to reset the fuse board. Should this fail then please unplug any personal electrical items that may be causing the fault and reset the fuse board again. If the problem continues and you are satisfied that all personal electrical items are unplugged, then please phone the appropriate maintenance number.
4) If you experience loss of water, please check whether the problem is isolated to your flat, your building or the street by checking with your neighbours. No water to the building and immediate area will most likely be due to Thames Water turning off the supply and this can be checked by telephoning 0845 9200 800.
5) If you detect a strong smell of gas you should notify Transco immediately on 0800 111 999.
6) Ensure refuse and recycling are in the correct bags and secure from spillage
7) If leaving the property for a few weeks let us know and ensure everything is switched off including taps, food which will reach its sell by date before returning is removed.
8) If you are able, please offer your support to elderly and vulnerable neighbours. A simple telephone call to check up on them could make such a difference
SIMPLE MEASURES TO MAINTAIN WATER HYGIENE STANDARDS:
1) Make sure cold water coming out of cold outlets is cold and not tepid.
2) Flush through any showers and taps in the property at least two minutes every week (especially in guest rooms or bathrooms where they may not be used frequently) with very hot water. Keep clear of the water flow whilst doing this. If you are not in occupation, please arrange for someone to do this on your behalf.
3) Clean the shower heads periodically, descale and disinfect it. This should be done at least every six months.
And finally, if you have worries or concerns about your ability to pay your rent or service charge because of COVID-19, please contact your Property Manager in the first instance and we will be happy to discuss this matter further.
WHO TO CONTACT:
ADDITIONAL USEFUL PHONE NUMBERS:
National Grid (gas leaks) 0800 111 999
Thames Water (no water supply) 0845 9200 800
Thames Water (leak) 0800 714 614
Camden Council 020 7278 4444
Police (non-urgent) 101
APPROVED CONTRACTORS WITH LETTERS OF AUTHORITY*:
Admiral Pest Control